Ahh, Saturday! When it still feels like the weekend will last forever! I’ve never been much for sleeping in really late. I like getting enough sleep, but waking up early in enough to seize the day and get things done. One of my favorite places to spend Saturday mornings is in Old Town. This morning, C and I headed down to Old Town where we got brunch at Union Street Public House, which rocked! We got mimosas and bloody marys (C’s first ever!) and omlettes and home fries. Great brunch spot!
The Weekend Post
After a quick walk around town, we got coffee (I got an iced verrrry dirty chai mmm!) and I read while C worked on design stuff. C got me the Weekend Edition of the Post for my birthday this year (the gift that keeps on giving all year long!) and it is a great way to catch up on events from around the globe as well as other fun things that are happening. My roommate always says she likes the font better in the Post than in the Times. I never would have thought of that as making a difference, but I think she’s right! I am always ambitious about the crossword puzzle, but usually I’m lucky if I can figure out one or two answers. My favorite is the travel section. I’ve got the travel bug… bad. I am continually adding places to my master list of places I need to see. The Post provides great inspiration for it. I love getting the paper on the weekends because I actually have time to enjoy it!
Enjoy your Saturday!!
At any given time, I am usually reading a hand full of books. I need a book to read before bed (that won’t give me nightmares), a book for my commute to and from work (that I don’t mind reading for a couple minutes at a time), a book for weekends (that I can sit with for hours at a time). There are also books that I keep chipping away at but I don’t necessarily read a whole lot at once.
- The Bedtime Read: The Guernsey LIterary and the Potato Peel Pie society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I’ve heard people say so many good things about this book and I’m finally reading it!
- The Commute Read: The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz. I’m reading this on my Kindle (not pictured).
- The Saturday Read: People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- The Recommended Read: The Go-Getter by Peter Kyne. My Dad suggested this to me. He says it will inspire me as I start a new job and a career. I’m slowly getting through it. 😉
- The I-May-Never-Finish-but-I’ll-Keep-Trying Read: Entre Limones by Chris Stewart. I’ll pick this book up and read a few pages at a time, but because it’s in Spanish… it is taking forever (and, by forever, I mean since last April!) but I’m ok with that!
It’s official! I’m going to blog! I’ll use this space to blog mostly about books but also other things that cross my mind. I’ve wanted to blog for a while but I haven’t been able to figure out what I love most that I want to talk about. I love reading. I love books. I love sharing books with others. I am an open book. 😉